Monday, October 15, 2012

Sick Time Playlist

Okay, so I've been sick since Friday night, so I've been kinda down lately.  

SO.  

IT'S TIME FOR ANOTHER PLAYLIST!  Yippee Skippee!  

So, here are some songs that make me feel better while I'm stuck in bed.  

 Morning Musume--Shanimuni Paradise

So I'm currently listening to this song.  XDD  This song makes me feel so stupidly happy every time I listen to it.  The music has this awesome bouncy, skippy beat to it, and the girls sound so perky while singing!  Especially during the "yume ga aru--uuuuuu" parts.  I love that!  And I also love the staccato bit during "Shanimuni Let's Go Paradise."  So I posted a live version here because the dance doubles the happy!  It goes from stupidly happy to "ULTRA MEGA HYPER BRAVO HAPPINESS!"  The arm flapping and skirt swishing, and especially the knee wiggling make for a perfect combination of cheer-uppy-ness!  I know, that's not a word, but it describes the wonderfulness that is this song.  

ReniReni--Suspect A


ReniReni has been one of my favorite performers for just under two years now I believe.  She just came out with her new album "Hybrid Girl" at the beginning of this month.  She's known for her super "Moe Moe" performances around New York City with her maid cafe "Moe Moe Honey."  This song shows a new side of Reni, and boy do I like it!  This song is perfect for getting pumped up, and the electronic beats just want to make you get up and dance!  Her voice is very unique, and there's a lot of power behind it in this song, so even though I may not have a lot of strength while I'm sick, Reni helps me gain just a little more power with this song.  

Girl Next Door--DaDaPaRa


I don't really know much about Girl Next Door, but I love this song!  It's very uplifting.  Her voice is interesting to listen to, and the little harmonies and riffs behind her add this sort of ethereal sound to the song, even though it's very electronic.  I find that it has an interesting mix of sounds and that's what makes me like it so much.  

T-ara--Roly Poly


This song will ALWAYS be one of my top jams.  Ever since it came out over a year ago, I've been addicted.  It makes me happy whether I'm playing it in my car, in my room, with friends, or just through headphones.  I grew up on Disco music since my mom listened to it a lot, so the disco beat in this song makes my ears happy.  And the catchy "Roly Poly Roly Roly Poly" in the chorus is something you can easily sing along with.  The intro and end of the song especially make me want to get funky.  

Morning Musume--Onna Gokoro to Nanto Kara


This is one of those calming happy songs.  It gives you a sense of contentment when you listen to it I think.  It's good for relaxing too.  It has one of my favorite sounds:  the twinkle sounds.  Any Jpop song that has them I usually like, and this song is full of 'em!  The girls blend well vocally on this song, so that is another thing that makes it pleasant to listen to.  

AKB48 Team B (Well, former Team B)--Yobisute Fantasy


I have listened to this song on repeat on many occasions.  It's just so...happy!  I can't find really any other words to describe it.  It's a cute and happy song done simply, and done well.  Great job AKB!

AKB48--Heavy Rotation


"I WANT YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU I NEED YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU I LOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU."  No wonder this song makes me happy. XDDD  How can you not be happy listening to this song?  The girls just love you so much!  This song is my ultimate "moe" guilty pleasure, and no lie, I watch the PV a lot.  It's just so cute and happy and sweet!  This song never fails to bring up my mood.  


Anyway, I'm gonna cap this off at seven songs.  And it seems the list went from "making me feel better" to "making me feel happy."  But being happy makes you feel better, right?  So I guess it all works out.  I feel much better after listening to all of these songs anyway.  Super happy!  I hope you feel happy after listening to this playlist too!

Let me know what songs make you happy too, I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment