Friday, March 22, 2013

Morning Musume Magic

So for the past week I've been hearing/reading lots of people complaining about the new Morning Musume single and how they want the techno sound to go away.  I was reminded of during the Platinum era when people were complaining about "Emo-Musume" and how they wanted that style to go away.

Both times I got caught up in all of the negativity and became worried for Musume's future.  There always seems to be this repeated message of "Morning Musume isn't as good as it used to be" in this fandom.  It never fails to pop up during every single release...don't y'all ever get tired of complaining?

I mean, I understand that no matter how much a group works, someone out there isn't going to like a song.  I get it.  But these complaints are coming from the same people, over and over again.  If y'all don't like the music, take a break from the group for a while.  No one is forcing you to stay here.

Sometimes I just get so damn tired with this fandom I have to shut myself off from it for a few days...or a week.  Or however long it takes for me to get all of the bad mojo away.

Even if I somehow start thinking those negative thoughts about Momusu, whenever I come back to them, my worries are always washed away instantly.  I mean, it's Morning Musume we're talking about here.  They've been around for 15 years.  They've been charting for 15 years.  They have 34 members on their roster.

For some reason, no matter if the girls change, no matter if the music style changes...I always am in awe of the group and how much heart they have.  For me, it's always instalove with Momusu.  There's not a Morning Musume song that I don't like.     Seriously.  I love every single one of their songs.

I'm not saying if you don't like some of their songs, you're not a fan or anything.  That would be stupid.  But for some reason I find myself loving everything that they (and therefore Tsunku) do.  It's like magic.  Some people may say I'm stupid for it, or I just sit here and take shit quality goods...but I really don't give a shit.

Y'all, I'm a die hard Momusu fan, and that's not gonna change for a long time.  There may be times when I go and listen to other groups for a while, but I always come back to these ladies.

Maybe 'cause it's I'm a sucker for looking at process as well as product...'cause everything Morning Musume does is a process.  So many changes happen all the time, and although it may get tiring at times, it's a great ride!

Keep going Momusu, 'cause there's plenty of people like me who are here for ya. ;)


Here are some lives (Momusu's natural habitat) to remind y'all how awesome these ladies are, in any era.






















3 comments:

  1. Some Japanese wota theorize that a lot of MM wota are secretly just Tsunku wota, and love everything he produces, because they wouldn't get into idols otherwise. I certainly find this the case. I also pretty much like everything MM related 4th-gen onwards, because those are the girls I've watched grow, and I think that...honestly, some people just can't get over that they stopped being million sellers and want to find any reason for why they aren't as 'popular', and are bitter that the group they support aren't #1. The fandom's been like this since at least 2005, so I wouldn't be terribly worried - AND they've gained new fans too. They must be doing something (many somethings) right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They gained new fans which is better than losing fans...
    Morning Musume fandom might be irritating sometimes but they are
    the most loyal fandom out there. The merchandise that Mowotas buys is just insane. We are in another golden era and i am happy i am still a fan of Morning Musume =) Momusu 4 Ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting how people used to think Platinum Era was an Emo-Musume. I wonder how that was when the only thing I can think of is probably Nanchatte Renai but that's not even Emo...

    To be honest, I do not believe it comes from the same people. Just others imitating others or picking up other people's thoughts as their own. Now with the addition of Sakura, it's 35 members :3 I would just ignore the comments - unless someone picks a fight with you. A really nice post! :) I also hope you will read my post and comment with your own opinion telling me what you think! My post on the 12th gen focuses on what is meant by calling the twelfth gen “future girls” nynyonlinex.wordpress.com/2013/03/17/generation-after-generation/

    ReplyDelete