Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Girls' Generation-Paparazzi


Hey y'all!  Now that I'm not all sick anymore, it's back to regular posting!

And I know, I'm late for this party, but I just HAVE to talk about this music video!

IT'S SO GOOD!

The intro of this totally saves the video from turning into a big cliche.  The girls have already sung songs about being the center of attention with people always surrounding them, but this video brings an old fashioned flair to it that somehow makes it new and fresh!

When the video starts, we see the girls walking in a pack with cameras flashing all around them.  I was a bit disappointed when I saw this, but since SNSD is my favorite girl group, I decided to keep watching to support the girls.  When the curtains opened and "Singing in the Rain" started to play, I was ecstatic!!!  The street setting and the trench coats combined with that song made it seem like a real broadway show!  When the trench coats came off their wardrobe still reflected a show girl style, so the theme was still tied together.  The rest of the video is different clips from the broadway dance setting, a gold room dance setting, and the paparazzi flashes.  The dancing itself in the video is very well done, and the face framing moves go well with the title of the song.  The gold room dance setting was alright.  The costumes still had the showgirl element to them, but the room itself looked cheap.  

As for the song, after "Singing in the Rain," I was expecting a Broadway styled jazz number, which would have been really cool, and I was disappointed when I heard the electronic beats.  But that disappointment quickly went away as I was bouncing in my seat to the catchiness of it.  Also, in Japanese releases, line distribution is always so much better (except for Hyoyeon, my poor baby T___T), so it's nice to see the other girls shine.  Sooyoung totally stole the show in this MV for me.  WERK IT GURL.  

After the song itself was over, we switch back to "Singing in the rain" with a broadway style one by one exit, which was really cool to watch.  The slow motion combined with the twirling trench coats made a really cool effect.

If you haven't watched the MV yet, I highly recommend it!  I'll be buying the song once it's out on iTunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment