Tuesday, August 28, 2012

AKB48 Gingham Check

I shouldn't like this.

I really shouldn't like this. 

BUT I DO.

The song is so standard AKB48, we've all heard it before, so I don't understand why I'm not tired of it yet...

I guess it's because the girls do it so well.  It's the kind of sound they've been trained to sing, so it makes sense that they do it well.  I don't know.

I guess I was just expecting something different since it was the new senbatsu single.  Since we know the girls can do stuff like "RIVER" and "Beginner," I wanted to see them explore another new style of music.  

CAN YOU TELL I'M CONFLICTED!?

I guess I'll just shut up and enjoy the song and not worry about it.

Moving on to the video...which I cannot post here since the full version I watched got taken down.

But here's a quick preview from YouTube:

I feel like the director of this video took every single Japanese pop culture reference he could find (as well as a few American ones) and smooshed it into one video.  The result?

EPIC DERPINESS.

For those of you who know me personally, you know I love me some derp.  Any kind of derp.  IT MAKES ME REALLY FREAKING HAPPY, OKAY?

So I find that I enjoy this video A LOT.  Motor girls, Car girls, the ring, 1960's garb, cops, romance, sexy robbers (fuck yeah Mariko), and terrible acting.

Sure, it may be random, and yeah, it doesn't make sense.

But we're talking about JPOP here.  And IDOL MUSIC specifically.  It doesn't have to make sense!  Ahhh the beauty of idol videos.

This might be my favorite AKB48 PV actually, since it is so derpalicious.

I never thought I would find a PV that I liked more than Heavy Rotation...but you win Gingham Check, you win.

Remind me to do a top 5 AKB48 PV list soon...

I hope you enjoyed my rambling, and a new post about some different kind of music will be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment